Pure & Unadulterated • Local & Sustainably Sourced • Strong & Flavourful
Cumin or jeera is a pungent culinary spice and a staple in Indian cooking. It’s also used abundantly in Middle Eastern and Mexican cuisines.
Cumin has a warm, earthy flavor and aroma with a bit of both sweetness and bitterness. The whole seeds need to be toasted in order to reach the optimum flavor.
What are the benefits of consuming cumin?
- Good source of iron
- Contains minerals like manganese, copper, magnesium and calcium.
- Aids in digestion of food and in preventing digestive disorders.
- It can also be used for baking as it adds a hint of flavour (eg. Carrot Cake)
Ingredients & Directions for use
Ingredient: 100% Whole Cumin
How to use Whole Cumin?
- Whole cumin seeds should be included early in the recipe so the spice has time to release its essence; adding them to a hot broth or oil will allow the aroma and flavors to disperse into the dish.
- Cumin is used in both meat and vegetable dishes, as well as in soups and sauces.
- A popular Indian recipe is jeera rice, which is a combination of rice and cumin seeds.